Life has been moving at break neck speed here. I had no idea that it has been nearly six months since my last post! Lets do a little catching up shall we?
The biggest bit of news is Dan's deployment. Dan will be departing for Afghanistan in a week. This date has gotten moved numerous times (again just yesterday) but is final now. He is scheduled to be gone for seven months, but in all reality they will probably be extended a few months. So I am not too disappointed I am setting his return date in my mind as February. I am hoping to stay busy volunteering for LINKS and joining a few groups (play dates and such) here on base. I am also hoping to take a few trips as well to pass the time.
Jackson is now 2 and so much fun. He is learning to really communicate. I love that he can finally tell me what he wants and it is also neat to have little conversations with him. He is a big helper and actually has acquired a pretty good set of listening ears (hopefully I haven't jinkst that). He has really become attached to his Daddy so I think we are going to have a rough couple of weeks after Dan leaves.
Hannah is 10 months old and our biggest challenge has been her diet. She is the poster child for the La Leche League. She refuses to eat almost all solid foods and wont take formula. The doctor is not concerned because she is gaining weight and is growing appropriately. However, I would really like her to eat something besides animal crackers which is all she will take as far as solids go. She is such a sweetheart and has developed quite the personality.
That is the little update from us. I am vowing to update this more often. Dan may get to check it from time to time so that will be my motivation to post. Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment