I have been here now for three whole weeks! I am still among boxes in some rooms and have started to ask myself, " am I ever going to feel settled in?"
I do have to admit this has been one of the harder transitions for me. Moving so far away from what I know, the heat, the HUMIDITY, and the strange folk of Stafford have been huge adjustments. I am also getting settled into the idea of being a full-time mommy. As many of you know I started my internship when Jackson was 6 weeks old so Dan and I shared the childcare responsibilities, but out here I will not be working so it is me and Jackson from 4:30am til 7:30pm. Jackson is a dream and I could not ask for an easier baby, however, I look forward to the time when he can talk back and I can actually understand what he is saying. Maybe then I will feel like I have had some form of conversation through out the day.
I have been so blessed to have Melanie and Holly here with me. We have taken several trips to Woodbridge and Fredericksburg, those are the two shopping Meccas of this area. Melanie came over last night because the guys had to stay in the barracks for night fire. We ordered pizza and watch a dozen episodes of Sexy and the City. It is great to have a close friend here already. It has certainly made the transition much easier.
I hope to get the house in order soon and take some pictures to post so you can see where we will be calling home for the next 6-10 months.
That is all for now...I am off to install the baby gates. Jack has now learned how to roll himself across the room...so I must keep him from rolling himself down the stairs.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Transitions are always harder once you have kids too. I've been here almost 2 months and we still have some settling to do! ARGH! We miss you guys. Summer is sitting here looking at Jack's picture and saying how much she misses him!
Post a Comment